Central Coast Accounting Firm seeks experienced office manager/ accountant.
Alas, our fabulous office manager/senior bookkeeper is leaving us shortly. Sharen is off to manage the expansion of her own successful family business. We’re thrilled for her, of course, but I did consider the possibility of chaining her to the desk in her office so she can’t ever leave (word of warning, Fair Work tends to frown on that kind of thing).
Now, we’re a small team and so often each wear multiple hats. With the news that our current super-star is leaving us, I’m afraid I’ll be wearing so many hats I won’t be able to hold my head up.
So now the search is on for a multi-skilled candidate who can replace an irreplaceable team member (no pressure!) and support me in different administrative and business development tasks.
What I need right now more than anything is:
- someone who can assist in the preparation of BAS and quarterly reports (minimally, be able to take it to a stage where it just needs review and perhaps adjusting entries);
- someone who can liaise with clients, handle routine requests, follow through and follow up to ensure all client needs are being met, be proactive in developing relationships;
- someone who can manage and instruct the front office staff (delegate tasks, ensure database is maintained, monitor jobflow, implement/update procedures, generally watch over the day-to-day stuff);
- someone who can assist in the preparation of proposals/engagements and other client communications, including marketing materials and newsletter content.
In essence, I need someone who can see what needs to be done and does it.
I don’t expect to find a new and improved hybrid of Sharen and myself who can leap tall buildings in a single bound as they fly in to work on the first day. I do expect a confident all-rounder who can hit the ground running.
It is essential this individual is
- familiar with the accounting environment,
- proficient in fundamental accounts preparation (even better if you’re an experienced accountant who can prepare business tax returns and financial statements to review stage),
- able to connect with people, and
- know their way around Office software (bonus if you’re already trained in Handisoft).
I need someone who can produce quality output with minimal supervision.
I anticipate the successful applicant would have a proven track record that demonstrates the above.
Although I am primarily seeking a replacement for Sharen, I’m open to the possibility of an intermediate or senior accountant with a hands-on approach to clients and projects.
If we can get excited about you, and you’re excited to work with us, that’s a great first step… the rest are details to be worked later based on the skill set and expectations brought to the table.
If this sounds like a position that may interest you, look us up online (we have the blog, website, Facebook , Twitter, etc). Get an idea for yourself on who we are, what we are about and whether or not you see yourself as a fit.
Send a resume by all means, but only with a compelling reason to open it. Let’s face it, what I really want to know is who you are, what you can do for us, and why we should hire you.
Your time is just as valuable as mine so if you have your own ‘hope-for’s’ or ‘must-haves’ feel free to share them also.
We can be quite flexible when it comes to hours and working arrangements for the right person.
The question is, are you the person I’m looking for?
Feel free to send any expressions of interest, questions or applications to email@example.com. You might want to check out one of my earlier posts titled Job Applications – What NOT to do for a couple of quick tips.