Information or rates given may no longer be valid or current.
Carers who are Centrelink nominees – that is, as person nominated by a customer to handle their Centrelink affairs – can now register to do Centrelink business for themselves and the person they care for online.
Nominees can register for online services at www.centrelink.gov.au.
Once registered, you may be able to:
- subscribe to receive letters online
- update address and bank details online, and
- view payment details to see when the next payment is due.
If you receive a Centrelink payment, you can also register to use Centrelink’s online service for yourself.
Online services are currently available to a nominee if they are an individual, such as a family member or a friend who is a carer. Access will be offerred to organisations who are nominees (such as Public Trustees and nursing homes) at a later date.
For more information or to register for online services, visit www.centrelink.gov.au or call 13 2717.
Latest posts by Christie Lewis (see all)
- 3 reasons why Uber drivers need tax professionals right now - November 3, 2015
- Is franchising still worth it? - October 30, 2015
- R&D Tax Incentive claims: The good, the bad, the dodgy - October 15, 2015
- Cash economy: The ATO has its own idea about your living expenses - September 30, 2015
- The deductible cuppa - September 3, 2015