Information or rates given may no longer be valid or current.
Carers who are Centrelink nominees – that is, as person nominated by a customer to handle their Centrelink affairs – can now register to do Centrelink business for themselves and the person they care for online.
Nominees can register for online services at www.centrelink.gov.au.
Once registered, you may be able to:
- subscribe to receive letters online
- update address and bank details online, and
- view payment details to see when the next payment is due.
If you receive a Centrelink payment, you can also register to use Centrelink’s online service for yourself.
Online services are currently available to a nominee if they are an individual, such as a family member or a friend who is a carer. Access will be offerred to organisations who are nominees (such as Public Trustees and nursing homes) at a later date.
For more information or to register for online services, visit www.centrelink.gov.au or call 13 2717.
Latest posts by Christie Lewis (see all)
- How highly taxed are we compared to other countries? - April 20, 2014
- Divorce and Your Super Savings - April 13, 2014
- Australia’s Longevity Outlook - December 27, 2013
- Act Now To Secure These Business Deductions - December 2, 2013
- Tax help for people affected by bushfires - November 30, 2013